~ the evolution of dreams ~
November 22, 2006,12:11 p.m.
blür
i went to the eye doctor today. i've never met him before - i have a slew of new doctors to see, now that i've found a GP in toronto. the opthamologist i saw today was incredibly personable - such a relief! so many doctors are sticks in the mud. i'm glad they're doing interviews for incoming med students. it's so important to have a good skill set in dealing sensitively with patients.

anyway my eyes are dilated - i look in the mirror and they are pools of black, with tiny tiny rims of greeny-amber around them. it's so bright outside today - not only is my depth perception altered slightly because i have to wear glasses today (normally i wear contacts) - but the light is making everything look overexposed. overexposed the way you can slightly overexpose film, and create a white halo around things. colours are a bit more intense too. definitely trippy :)

in other news

colours
since i can't see, and have to bend forward so far towards the screen without glasses on in order to decipher the shapes i am typing, i am going to paint in oils today. stinky, lovely, swirly, crazy painting. it's been a long time coming. i haven't painted in a while. this is going to be an adventure in bravery.

leetle caribbean frog
my uncle, who lives in st. lucia, brought me some little hand-painted figures from the island. he said they reminded him of me. one is a seahorse - it was the first one i unwrapped, and as soon as i saw it i began to cry. the last gift i brought my grandmother before she died was a beautiful glass seahorse she could hang in her room to enjoy. my uncle also gave me a seaturtle, and a little frog. they all keep me company as i work at my desk. here is my leetle frog.



love,
sappho

Labels: , ,

posted by sappho
Permalink ¤