~ the evolution of dreams ~
January 14, 2005,11:30 a.m.
molly, horoscopes, & kittens
molly finally emailed me!! i'm so happy to hear you're alive and happy, molly. molly obliged me goodnaturedly, as she always does, by sending me some brazilian words (with their english equivalents/expressions) because i am ever-curious about languages.

mulherzina = horrible woman (diminutive of mulher)
fofo = cute
cafajeste = well, not exactly sure, something like no good man
xadrez = chess
mandona = bossy
tonta = dizzy
cambealar = stagger
velejar - to sail
here are a few phrases that I rather like:
-consultar o travesseiro = consult the pillow = to sleep on it
-Se você não pode ajudar, atrapalhe, por que o importante é participar. = If you can´t help, hinder, because what´s important is to participate. Hahahaha, I love this phrase! I´m sitting in the internet café laughing to myself like a huge freak!! Cause it´s so funny!
-Vou te pegar na rua = roughly `I´ll see you outside´ - in a threatening kind of way, of course
-ter a coragem de dizer = to have the nerve to say

molly, you are PRICELESS. we miss you terribly. i hope you are still coming back in february for a visit.

on a sadder note, they are destroying one of the huge gorgeous trees at the back of my house. actually, it borders on the neighbour's lot to the north of us, as well, but STILL...the sound of chainsaws is nerve-wracking. i always feel like i can hear the tree screaming. i HATE it when they do this. they cut down our beautiful linden tree in london, too.....i'd better stop, i'm going to cry.

yesterday i got bored and read my horoscope. it said i might adopt a stray!! you should have SEEN me yesterday. the entire time i was outside (which was quite frequently, since it was so deliciously warm) i kept looking around me frantically, thinking i would catch sight of a stray fuzzy adorable bundle of KITTENNESS. i kept having day-dreams about finding a little helpless kitten that would be scared of me at first, until i gently persuaded it to let me pick it up, and then it would get used to me and cuddle into my body for warmth, purring. of course, i didn't find one. *weeping*

god, i want a cat. damn horoscopes forever. i send them all to pluto. ha HA. *sniff*
posted by sappho
Permalink ¤