~ the evolution of dreams ~
January 29, 2005,3:22 p.m.
talking in my sleep + web design
i'm still suffering from my head cold and since the night before last i didn't sleep hardly at all i gave up and bundled myself into so many warm accoutrements that i was barely recognizable and trotted off to shoppers drug mart in order to procure some tylenol cold and flu (24 hour pack). wow that sentence didn't have any punctuation in it whatsoever. are you still slightly breathless?

anyhow i dutifully took the night capsule and, since i have ingested this medicine before on other occasions (where i was, coincidentally, much more ill and in much more dire need of being medicated) i was pretty prepared for the overwhelming feeling of drowsiness that cocooned my body about half an hour later. the weird thing that happened was, since the tylenol night capsule effectively knocked me out, i couldn't really "wake up" at night as i tend to do when i have disturbing dreams. so anyway i was in my fluid dreamspace last night and i remembered upon waking in the morning that there was one point, when i was dreaming, where i was explaining something to someone and i began to use my voice. however, when i started to use my voice i didn't like it, because it was too loud, so i thought, "stop, this is wrong, continue explaining with the voice in your head," so i duly stopped speaking with my voice and continued explaining with the voice in my head. it was only after i woke up that i realized i was probably talking aloud in my sleep. but the thing is, if i hadn't been under the influence of drugginess, then i probably would have woken myself up and not continued to dream. but i think in retrospect the drugs made my dreamlife more interesting. especially since i got to continue explaining whatever i was explaining using "the voice in my head" in my dream.

refer to other blog entries where saf proves that yes, she is nuts.

anyhow other than that i have just been working and checking out other web designers' portfolios because i have discovered a new passion (designing webpages) and i'm interested to see what's out there. this has kind of crept up on me and i didn't realize how interested i was in web designing til i added the backgrounds for the vic dance site and started constructing the site for the u of t dance coalition (still *very much* in progress!)

that's all for now. i hope you're enjoying the art i've posted.

later 'gaters
posted by sappho
Permalink ¤