~ the evolution of dreams ~
January 21, 2005,6:08 p.m.
clink clink clink
so, it is cold out. c. o. l. d. proof, that it is cold out:

1) i have been home for an hour and i am still warming up.

2) my fingers are still stiff, which is inhibiting my ability to type proiperklyt.

3) when i am outside, my lungs hurt.

4) when i am outside and am carrying hot tea (in an effort to stay warm), the tea that sloshes out of my overfilled cup (overfilled because i am greedy for warmth, any kind of warmth, so GOD HELP ME) and lands on my jacket won't rub off. why won't it rub off? because somewhere in the death-leap those drops of tea decided to take, they FROZE. and they landed on my coat and wouldn't let go, cuz they were STUCK there. FUSED. fused with their icy properties to the warm fuzziness of my winter coat.

5) when i am walking outside, i can hear this clink, clink, clink. those are my frozen nose hairs bonking against each other, people.

other than that, everything else seems normal. my brain is working fine, i have a lot of work to do, i am trying to stave off a sore throat that seems to re-appear every day after 5:30 PM (whoever heard of a PUNCTUAL sore throat??) and i'm tired. i'm not as tired as my printer, though. my printer died today.

in memoriam: deskjet 952C, you produced a lot of type-written pages for me, from my pallid attempts at poetry to my emotionally-infested multitudes of essays. i will never forget your dedicated printing, or your pretty purply-green top that always shone when the light hit it. you were a good printer, 952C. GBWY.

Labels:

posted by sappho
Permalink ¤